My name is Cédric Bozzi. I make websites and apps, and this is my blog dedicated to technology: here you’ll find news, opinions and reviews, all written by a Mac-head who tends to have definite opinions about stuff.
For a while now my RSS aggregator wasn’t reading Wordpress feeds anymore, and I didn’t understand why (not that I tried to, either).
Today I got tired of it, installed Wordpress on my server, and found what was wrong: a typo. Wordpress sends a misnamed header, and the .NET runtime (upon which 90% of RSS aggregators rely on PC) has become very picky with the latest security updates, and it just plain rejects the file.
So, if you have Wordpress, and you want to be read (at least by me), you must edit the wp-blog-header.php file, replacing “Last Modified:” with “Last-Modified:” (ie, inserting an hyphen) on line 87.
And that’s all.
I have trouble understanding why a security patch would need to reject any erroneous header rather than just ignore it, but… well, I also have trouble understanding how one could work for Microsoft, so the whole thing’s just obviously beyond my comprehension.